- Be able to describe ideological scripts.
- How does socialization foster the development of different scripts?
EA, “Script Theory, Ideological Scripts,” pp. 353-357.
EA, “The Socialization of Affects,” pp. 168-195.
- What are ideological scripts and why are they so important?
- How does the development of social stratification foster a humanistic/normative polarity?
- How is stratification based on partitioning affects into “masculine” and “feminine” types?
- Do you observe this stratification in our current culture?
- Describe two basic alternatives for socializing children.
- What are three ways of mixing these approaches?
- Describe how each affect is socialized in ways that predispose persons to liberal or conservative ideologies.
- Based on your own experience (as a child, a parent, or an observer), discuss how parents’ ideology is reflected in their parenting.